Monday 7 May 2007

Yes, finally. A blog in English.

Yes, finally. A blog in English.
I have been trying desperately to write regularly in Hindi but typing in Hindi is tiresome, I am not really used to it.
This is not my first attempt to write a blog in English. I have tried before, but gave up eventually mostly because I am a bit self conscious about writing in English. I never accepted it as a language native to me. The other reason is that there are few people writing in Indian languages, so it seems important to write in Hindi.

Anyway, this then another beginning.
Interesting that I begin this time after arriving in London - perhaps more because after a long time I have had a day of reprieve. From tomorrow work occupies my mind again.

For now, I just came back from a drizzle on a Southall street. Back from the library declared closed due to the bank holiday.

1 comment:

Ashish said...

Bienvenu Monsieur!

Just wanted to make sure that my opening words move beyond Hindi/English debate :-)

Great to see your English blog! And I do believe that you will remain the irresistible Laltu here too