Saturday 19 May 2007

a privilege

What do you do when you come from a place that was 42 degrees and land in a country where its rainy and cold. Work, and on the weekend just pray for a better next week. Thanks to remnants of the welfare state I could borrow some videos from the library and watch them in the cosy warmth of my room. In the last two weeks, I watched a Kurosawa – Drunken Angel, the classic Carnes – Les Enphants du Paradis, Caligula (re-viewing after 30 years and unfortunately a sanitizied version), Visconit – Ossessione, and a couple others.

Being alone is a privilege. Less worries for now. The Hindi-Hindu world remains quite disturbing. My Hindi blog mentioning the MSU Baroda incident brought some reactionary comments.

1 comment:

Ashish said...

Hey Laltu ... Can I request you to carry some of the videos back here? (GRIN) Haven't seen any version, sanitized or otherwise, of Caligula